Tractor Spare Parts Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Tractor Spare Parts Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) under the Data Protection Act.
Tractor Spare Parts Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
1. Personal contact information including name, address, email address and phone number.
2. Information relating to your interests which are linked directly to the type of products and services you use Tractor Spare Parts Ltd for e.g. what model tractor you have.
3. Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
4. A record of previous purchases made through Tractor Spare Parts Ltd.
5. Photographs taken at any events or provided by you.
This personal information is provided by you and is not collected from any third party or other means. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
1. To provide you with the service that you require from Tractor Spare Parts Ltd e.g. providing goods and services. This includes sending correspondence such as quotes, invoices and credit notes by email and/or post. We use this data to send your items to you, which includes providing your information to third party companies such as Royal Mail and UPS, our courier of choice (or whoever we agree to send your parcels with). We also use your data to take payment for goods and services and this will require passing on your data to our payment providers, SagePay and PayPal. Please note that we use secure systems for taking payment and we are PCI compliant.
2.Internal record keeping and record keeping for legal requirements e.g. invoice records kept for accounting purposes.
2. We may use the information to improve our products and services.
3. We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will only do this if you have given explicit consent to be contacted in this way.
4. Any photographs that we do collect of your tractors or parts may be used on social media such as Facebook, twitter and Instagram to promote and inform the public about our business and the services that we provide. Photographs may also be used in newsletter, leaflets or posters, or on our website. We strive to ensure that no people are present on the photographs and consent will be sought before any photographs are used for these purposes.
How long we keep personal data for
We will keep all personal data safely and only hold it for as long as necessary, usually up to 6 years for tax and legal reasons. However, some data e.g. previous purchase history, may be kept longer than this for legitimate interest purposes e.g. so that we can help you overcome any problems with previously purchased products.
Your personal data will be destroyed securely when no longer required.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This includes using the highest encryption available at the time of storage of data as well as only allowing people with the correct permissions to have access to the data. We work with a 3rd party web development company who host the website information on their servers. They are compliant with GDPR and take data protection as a high priority.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights to your personal data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
1. We do not use pre-filled tick boxes. You must opt in to receive direct marketing information. You can check that you are not ticking any boxes that you do not want to by reading the information next to the tick boxes.
2. Where you have given consent to processing your personal data, you may change your mind at any time by writing to Tractor Spare Parts Ltd, Wesleyan House, Lode Lane, Alstonefield, Ashbourne, Derbyshire DE6 2FY or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. A small fee will be charged. If you would like a copy of the information held about you, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You can request that your personal data is deleted at any time. Please write to or email us at the above address. There will be circumstances where we legally have to retain this data, but we will look at each individual request and inform you of the decision in relation to the removal of your data.